Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Adversary

For the doubters, I present...THE BUG!
The Wikipedia article can be found by clicking here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_Asian_Hornet
Excerpt:
"The stinger of the Asian giant hornet is about 6 mm (¼ in) in length, and injects an especially potent venom that contains, like many bee and wasp venoms, a cytolytic peptide (specifically, a mastoparan) that can damage tissue by stimulating phospholipase action, in addition to its own intrinsic phospholipase."



3 comments:

  1. Is he(or she) winking his left antenna at the camera?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewwwwww!! You were definitely not exaggerating about the size. Normally, I'm a pacifist, but glad you didn't keep him as a pet! ~ Lin

    PS: He did ask for it!
    PSS: Did I mention, EWWWWWWWWWW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its sad..I know what that means.

    GROSS PEOPLE ARE HOLDING IT! EEEEEEEEEP

    ReplyDelete