Monday, August 24, 2009

Act II

Today is the first day of the second half of my first year in Korea.

Catch all that?

To explain, today is the first day of the second semester for Korean schools. The kids come back to school on Wednesday, but I'm here today to get ready for the semester. I thought perhaps that I would feel a similar pressure to the start of my term here--that some insurmountable feeling of potential failure would take me over, and I would curl up in a ball in the corner of my classroom hoping that school never starts.

But instead...there is nothing. It's another day at work. Only a few people are here today, as most of the teacher's are given this time off (due to their seniority). And I'm here, with a few colleagues, getting ready for the semester.

After nearly a month of English camps and traveling, I feel like I'm so acclimated with this culture, these people, and this job that the whole thing has become routine. Not boringly so, mind you, just routine enough to feel comfortable. I'm not worried about the semester start, and I'm certainly not worried about teaching anymore. It's nice to be able to relax.

As for the blog, consider this the official reboot. Later today, I'll post some pictures and tidbits from part 2 of my parents visit to Korea.

See you in the funny pages!

2 comments:

  1. Ever watch that show when you were a kid? ReBoot? AHAHAHAHA.

    YOu reminded me of it when you said you were officially reboot-ed. :)

    It wasn't a terribly good show, anyways. Computer animated. Kind of corny.

    Yay Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog Scott! Relly enjoyed the narrative and the photos. But who was the senior citizen in the hat in the last photo? Dad

    ReplyDelete